This Volunteer Agreement is in relation to your voluntary work for UK PonyCon. This agreement is not intended to be legally binding contract.
- Neither party intends any employment relationship to be created either now or at any time in the future.
- There is no obligation of duties on either party, and may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party.
You: The volunteer
If you agree to volunteer at UK PonyCon you commit to the following:
- To perform the volunteer role to the best of your ability.
- To attend a volunteers briefing before starting your first shift.
- To adhere to all rules, procedures and standards, especially any health and safety procedures.
- To not put yourself into any dangerous situation or perform any activities you are not comfortable with.
- To act in a appropriate manner when dealing with any attendees, other volunteers or venue staff.
- To check that any equipment you are using is safe to use, and to inform a committee member immediately if anything unsafe
- To take care of all equipment, furniture and other items you are asked to handle.
- To meet the time commitments and/or shifts allocated to you.
- Where this is not possible, please provide notice so that alternative arrangements can be made e.g. if you need to withdraw.
- We may operate a shift logging system. If we do, you agree to sign in and out at the start and end of your volunteering
Us: UK PonyCon
We commit to the following:
- We will provide an appropriate volunteers briefing including health and safety matters.
- We will support you to help you have an enjoyable volunteering experience.
- Drinks and suitable place to rest will be provided throughout your shifts.
- To provide appropriate tools to perform your duties.
- Hi-vis or other safety equipment or clothing will be provided to you where necessary.
- Any other clothing provided (such as T-shirts) may be worn at the volunteer’s discretion as part of the marketing for the convention and is not mandatory.
- We will provide a reference if requested.